Before you book one of our treatments you should be aware that this time is all about you and you should clear your mind of any problems you have and just focus on your health and the benefits of the massage session you will be receiving.
On arrival our therapist will assess your general health, ie physical problems that show, and will ask you if you have any specific aches or pains that you would like your therapist to pay particular attention too.
- Before a massage, try to avoid eating heavy meals, if you eat something do it at least two hours before, also you should not take alcohol or other stimulants prior to your massage.
- Take five minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow time to relax and get used to the idea that you are going to enjoy some time devoted exclusively to yourself.
- Take of any jewellery and your watch if you are wearing one.
- Take a shower or bath before your therapist arrives. This will make you feel relaxed, comfortable and more receptive to the massage.
- Please prepare two big clean towels before the start of the treatment, one to lie on and one to cover yourself during massage.
- If you do not wish your hair be touched, please inform the therapist at the beginning of the session.
- During the session, it is essential that you feel relaxed. So please tell the therapist if you feel uncomfortable for any reason.
- You can chat with your therapist during the treatment if you wish. However, you may get more benefits from the massage if you do not and just relax and enjoy the massage.
- Sometimes when massaging certain areas you may feel some pain; it is advisable to inform the therapist if the pressure is excessive.
- After the massage, you will feel very relaxed; you may even feel slightly drowsy. It is the bodies normal response to massage techniques.
Have a great massage! You are in good hands!
- Massage for Harmony
- Pregnancy Massage
- Scalp Massage
- Integration With Bodywork
- What is Western Massage?
- Why does your massage therapist tell you to drink water?
- Massage eases low back discomfort
- How does Swedish Massage operate?
- Massage for Treatment of PTSD
- About Swedish Massage